Collins Stewart Aggressive Fund
Current market view
A medium-high risk fund of funds selected from over 90 funds from FPIL's comprehensive mirror fund range, CS Asset Management (Collins Stewart) are well positioned to switch in and out of these funds (at no cost) as and when market developments occur enabling them to deliver superior investment returns to their clients.
The custodian of this fund is Friends Provident International Ltd in
the Isle of Man. Therefore it is only available through one of the
Friends Provident products. The fund is managed entirely CS Asset
Management (CSAM) a publicly quoted company based in Guernsey. The
fund makes a small number of targeted allocations within the Friends
Provident mirror fund range (What
are mirror funds?) and uses a macroeconomic strategy to select
and review the asset allocation on a regular basis.
CS believe that successful investment is as much about managing risk as maximising returns and, as a result, the management of risk forms an important part of their investment process. They are in the business of wealth creation and protection and they bring institutional investment disciplines to private client asset management.
- To invest in selected funds and managers who consistently outperform their market benchmark and peer group net of all fees.
- To allocate the assets over a narrow range of funds to optimise performance.
- Equal emphasis is placed on quantitative and qualitative analysis and there is a strict set of criteria for measuring the performance of individual managers.
- Typically, between 50% - 100% of the fund will be invested in equity funds and 15% - 25% in alternative investments, with the balance in cash and bond funds.
- CSAM also includes alternative investments to both enhance returns and reduce risk and volatility maximise growth and then to protect the gains in future market downturns wherever possible.
- Performance of the selected funds is reviewed regularly; statistical analysis and macro economics are used to determine the best time to enter and exit each investment.
This fund will be subject to volatility and may go down in value as well as increase. This risk is reduced the longer the investment is held. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.