Lanson International Growth Fund
A medium-high risk fund of funds selected from the world population
of over 8000 mutual funds. The funds selected are mostly equity
funds, but allocations can be made to bonds. The fund makes a number
of broad based allocations and uses a computer driven stop loss
strategy. It is available to monthly savers and for lump sums.
The custodian is Friends Provident International Ltd in the Isle of
Man. Therefore it is only available through one of the Friends
Provident products. The fund is managed entirely by Lanson Financial using their unique
stop loss strategy.
- To maximise growth and then to protect the gains in future
market downturns wherever possible using proprietary stop loss
is stop loss?
- To achieve superior growth above the index of world stock markets.
- The Lanson International Growth Fund has access to over 8,500
mutual funds in addition to the range of Friends Provident International Ltd
offshore mirror funds. These are sorted into the major regions
of the world every month to select those that have shown good
growth in the recent past.
- The best performing funds from the 4 or 5 regions showing the
best growth are selected for analysis.
- The Lanson Financial stop-loss models are then used to analyse
and select the best funds from these regions
- The results are compared with the performance of the funds,
which make up the fund at the time and adjustments made as necessary.
- The managers favour closely targeted funds with high growth
potential. These may be country, market or industry specific
and include emerging countries and markets.
- The fund may use 5% of its assets to hedge against losses or
invest in hedge funds.
- The prices of each investment are checked daily and if they
drop beyond their stop loss level the fund is sold and money
moved to a cash account.
- When the fund rises again by a sufficient amount to trigger
a start-gain, the money is reinvested.
- The fund rebalances its assets every month to ensure that it
is not over exposed to any one sector.
The Lanson Financial strategy is unique in that it offers investors
a combination of several successful investment strategies.
0.1% per month plus a performance fee (20%
of the net new growth above the performance of the fund's
Weekly on a Thursday
This fund will be subject to volatility and may go down in
value as well as increase. This risk is reduced the longer the
investment is held. Past performance is no guarantee of future
* indicates a Friends Provident International Ltd Mirror Fund