Brandeaux Property Funds:
- Brandeaux Sterling Fund
- Brandeaux Dollar Fund
- Brandeaux Euro Fund
A low risk fund of student accommodation, ground rents and "key
worker" accommodation in UK. Available in $, £ & €
These are not retail funds and are only available through
a Life Insurance Portfolio Bond.
Brandeaux Sterling Fund
The Fund invests in ground rent properties throughout the UK and
in high quality student accommodation in major UK university towns
- The main objective of the Fund is to provide institutional
investors, on behalf of their clients, with access to an actively
managed Fund holding assets with little correlation to traditional
- The Fund seeks to deliver consistent annualised positive returns
of between 8% and 10% over a term of 5 to 10 years, while maintaining
a profile of low volatility.
- The Fund is designed to provide medium to long term performance
through investing in assets in UK property portfolios focusing
on ground rent properties and high quality student accommodation.
Brandeaux US Dollar and Euro Funds
These funds invest in ground rent properties throughout the UK
and in high quality student accommodation in major UK university
towns and cities.
To minimise the effect of currency movements of the US dollar and
euro against sterling, the fund manager employs a currency hedging
programme drawing on the expertise of professional currency management.
This is limited to the goal of neutralising any movement between
sterling and the dollar/euro so as not to affect the performance
achieved by the property portfolios. The currency management is
not intended for performance enhancement as a result of currency
- The funds provide the opportunity for US dollar or euro denominated
investors to participate in a fund managed by the same experienced
team of specialists who have consistently produced positive returns
throughout the range of Brandeaux funds.
- The funds have the objective of producing low volatility returns
in excess of rates obtainable on US dollar or euro deposits, whilst
ensuring that the dollar and euro denominated fund performance
is not significantly affected by currency movements of the dollar
and euro against sterling.
- The funds follow the same investment criteria investment process,
research sources and scope, portfolio construction and asset allocation
strategies as the Brandeaux Sterling Fund.
Ground rent portfolio construction:
The criterion is to invest in residential freehold properties
with highly secure income streams from a large number of occupiers.
Emphasis is placed on prime central London properties with significant
reversionary values. The intention is to obtain returns from these
properties from within three categories:
- Income from rent paid by the tenants.
- Capital appreciation from opportunities, such as granting lease
extensions to tenants and restructuring leases.
- Capital appreciation gained from approaching reversionary dates.
- Careful attention is still paid to location to minimise the
effect of market price fluctuations in the UK property market.
Student accommodation portfolio construction:
- The student accommodation market has become an emerging asset
class within the property sector.
- The criterion is to invest in a portfolio of purpose built properties
for students and key workers. Emphasis is towards acquiring properties
in the best locations offering higher quality accommodation at
affordable rents while still producing an income yield that meets
the funds’ investment objectives.
- Brandeaux is creating investor value in the funds over the long
term by acquiring and managing a significant portfolio of accommodation
in this sector.
- Liberty Living PLC is the property asset manager and has core
skills in acquiring quality student accommodation. It continues
to develop a unique brand name by which it markets and manages
the student portfolio. The brand conveys high standards in service
and value in the sector and is exclusive to the Brandeaux student
- Liberty Living as a brand name seeks to build upon the services
it offers to students and universities by emphasising the importance
of high quality and well trained staff at all levels of its management
Annual Volatility: Low
(insulated from domestic UK property prices due to long term ground
rent contracts and student accommodation being a niche market in
- Brandeaux Sterling Fund (launched 10/10/03): 9.29% pa
- Brandeaux US Dollar Fund (launched 25/7/03): 7.35% pa
- Brandeaux Euro Fund (launched 25/7/03): 7.35%
(Figures as at 31/12/05 from launch, compounded annually on the
fund anniversary date. Perfromance is quoted net of Brandeaux's
USD, Sterling, EUR
£5,000, $10,000 or €10,000
This fund may go down in value as well as increase. This risk
is reduced the longer the investment is held. Past performance is
no guarantee of future performance.
* indicates a Friends Provident International Ltd Mirror Fund